Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Featured Member - Dawn Jacobson

Dawn Jacobson


Tell us about yourself (where you're from, family, work, other hobbies and interests, etc... whatever you'd like to share): I am originally from a small town in Iowa and am a proud Iowa State University alumni. My husband and I moved to Sparta this past summer, where we relocated to be more centrally located between families, with his family residing in northern Wisconsin. I am a certified athletic trainer, working at Black River Memorial Hospital in Black River Falls. My previous 10 years was spent working in collegiate athletics, so this has been a big change, but a good one for finding life balance.

How long have you been doing triathlons? I did my first triathlon in 2002 and hated it, vowing to never do one again. However, eventually the itch came back to try it again a few years later, this time far more successful with better training. I have been actively participating in triathlons and loving it for about the last five years.

How long have you been a Bluff Buster?
I just joined! I am anxious to meet with team and take advantage of some of the training opportunities, as I have primarily trained alone throughout my time in triathlon.

What is your triathlon background (How did you get started? Do you have a background in swim/bike/run, etc, have you done many?)
I started with sprint races for a couple years, then added in a few Olympics races, and then in 2013 completed my first 70.3. I usually compete in about 3-4 races per year, as I can fit it into my schedule.

What is your favorite race distance?
Olympic-distance

What are your triathlon goals for 2015?
My goal this year is simply to compete in a handful of sprint distance races. I took last summer off from racing due to relocating, starting a new job, and everything that goes with that. I am itching to get back into my training routine and feel that exhilaration that can only come from triathlon!

What is an interesting fact about you?
I am an identical twin. My sister has focused primarily on running events in the past, but she is doing her first duathlon this summer, so maybe I will get her into triathlon in the future!

What is your favorite song or album to workout to?
I very rarely listen to music when I work-out. Exercise is my time to get away from all the noise in life, think, and de-stress.

What motivates you?
The thrill of setting and reaching new goals. The awesome feeling of accomplishment that you get from pushing your body to its limit and achieving something challenging.

What is your favorite workout?
A long bike ride out in the country, where I can get away from the busyness of life and just enjoy the blessing of being able to be physically active.

What can’t you live without?
In terms of triathlon, my Asics Gel-Kayano shoes!

What is one book that everyone should read?
The Bible. All the answers for life are hidden in that book
J

No comments:

Post a Comment