Thursday, May 28, 2015

Featured Member - Jake Kuhse




Jake Kuhse

Tell us about yourself :

I was born and raised in La Crosse. I’ve got 2 younger brothers, Jeff, and Josh. A few of my interests and hobbies include fishing, running, waterskiing, reading, building computers, and browsing Reddit.

How long have you been doing triathlons?

My first triathlon will be Got Energy.

How long have you been a Bluff Buster?

I joined in early February of this year.

What is your triathlon background (How did you get started? Do you have a background in swim/bike/run, etc, have you done many?)

I ran cross-country and track in middle / high school and one year of college. I don’t have much experience in swimming or biking, but have a strong running background. I took over a year off from doing any type of exercise and am finally getting back into shape.

What is your favorite race distance?

My favorite race in high school was the mile. Now my favorite race is 5k.

What are your triathlon goals for 2015?

Complete a few triathlons and learn the strategies for achieving top racing performance.

What is an interesting fact about you?

I love staying up late and reading

What is your favorite song or album to workout to?

When I do listen to music during my workouts, it’s only on the treadmill or stationary bike. A few of the bands I listen to are Papa Roach, Linkin Park, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Offspring.

What motivates you?

Being able to measure continuous progress and see what my body is capable of.

What is your favorite workout? My top 3 are:

· 6-8 mile run through Hixon

· 400m repeats on the track

· Early morning runs on golf courses when no one else is awake

What can’t you live without?
Nalgene water bottle, Asics shoes

If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
Teleportation or underwater breathing

What is one book that everyone should read?
Born to Run by Christopher McDougall

Biggest Pet-Peeve:

Tangled ear buds

No comments:

Post a Comment