Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Featured Member: Rob Schroeder

My name is Rob Schroeder and I am 32 years old. I have a son Noah who is 5. Lauren Peterson is the love of my life and we have been together for 10yrs now!

I have been doing triathalons for 2 years now. I have been a Bluff Buster for just as long.
 
My triathalon background consists of running, then I bought a bike, and then caught the tri bug after some friends of mine did the Door County 70.3.
 
My favorite race distance has yet to be determined. I have not done anything longer then Olympic distance. However, I am looking forward to a couple of 70.3 distance races next year.
 
During training I typically don't listen to music. I prefer the sounds of nature and my body. That is unless I am at the gym. Then, anything upbeat goes.
 
My triathalon goals for 2014 are Got Energy? Intermediate distance, Rev 3 Wis Dells 70.3, Racine 70.3, and numerous other bike and running races. I am currently training for the North Face Endurance Challenge 30mi trail run in Kettle Morraine.
 
An Interesting fact about me is that I have had trouble with addiction in the past. I am currently in recovery. Triathalon has truly been instrumental in my recovery process, and has helped me to become a more happier and healthier person. I have been sober for over 3 yrs now.
 
The accomplishment I am  most proud of is running the Boston Marathon in 2:55:44.
 
My favorite workout would have to be hill repeats or intervals.
 
Something I could not live without? chocolate or peanut butter. I could not choose only one of these.
 
If I could have any super power it would be to breathe underwater like Aquaman.
 
My biggest pet peeve is when people don't clean up after their dogs.
 
The chore I hate doing most? picking up after MY dog.

If I could learn anything, it would be to learn to have a little patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment